Friday, March 25, 2011

Fashion Beauty Friend Friday
feminism and fashion

1. Do you think there is an incapability between feminism and a love for fashion?
For the record, I'm not a feminist. And if I were, I don't see why there would be an incapability considering that feminism is about choice, plus there is a whole create-your-own-definition-of-feminism thing. So, there is no incapability. If there is any, it depends on the person.

2. There is more to each of us than a love for fashion, how do you incorporate every aspect of yourself into your blog?
Well, Sweet Blog is a melange of things, and also to an extent, personal. I also have other fashion-related and fashion-centric blogs, can be found in the sidebar.

3. With the fashion industry still being a male-dominated profession, how do you think it would differ if women played a larger role?
I think I can say something on that if I were in the fashion industry, but I'm not.

4. How is your self-image and the way you carry yourself informed by your beliefs?
To speak the truth, I don't understand the question. Beliefs as in my feminist principles? As I said before I am not a feminist, in the first place. As for how I carry myself, I think I have already done a post on that.

5. Do you think clothing/makeup/hair helps communicate the truth about yourself or are those things superfluous add-ons?
I believe that fashion helps you show off your personal identity. That's why it is important. Everyone should have a sense of style. Fashion, in fact, in a way, can even help develop your personality. Though I am not the most fashion conscious person, but I have a sense of style. Dressing up majorly depends on my temperament. So, even though I am fashionable, there is more to me than that.

No comments: